Motorola Moto G4 Plus Dual-SIM XT1642 (16GB, Black)
Unlocked (what's this?)
What is an "Unlocked" phone?
Many mobile phones are designed to use a Subscriber Identity Module (SIM) card to store subscriber data. These SIM cards are issued by the carrier and provide voice & data service to the phone. "Locked" mobile phones will only recognize SIM cards from the carrier that originally provided the phone. Almost all mobile phones provided by local carriers are locked to that carrier’s network and cannot be used on other networks.
"Unlocked" mobile phones can use SIM cards from any carrier that supports the phone's operating frequencies. This makes them more convenient for switching carriers & traveling abroad. As many carriers also require customers to purchase pricey 2-year data contracts with new smartphone purchases, buying an "unlocked" phone can also be cheaper in the long run, as it allows customers to use "pre-paid" and "no-contract" SIM-card options or to switch to a new carrier when a cheaper, better plan becomes available.
This product has been discontinued, the information below is for reference purposes only.
- SKU: 299810
- , EAN: 6947681530577
- , Mfr: AP_SM4367AE7E1
- , Brand: Motorola
Motorola Moto G4 Plus Dual-SIM XT1642 Accessories and Cases
- Sony SmartWatch 3 SWR50 Metal Strap
Motorola Moto G4 Plus Dual-SIM XT1642 Features
What we like about the Motorola Moto G Plus (4th Gen.):
- Pure and clutter-free version of Android
- Advanced 16MP camera with laser focus and PDAF
- 5.5-inch Full HD display with octa-core processor
- Shipping Weight: 0.40kg
- System: Android 6 Marshmallow
- Processor: 1.5 GHz / Octa Core / Qualcomm Snapdragon 617 / GPU: Adreno 405, 550 MHz
- Memory: Internal: 16 GB / RAM: 2 GB / Slot type: microSD / Max. slot capacity: 128 GB
- Display: 5.5" / FHD IPS / Resolution: 1920 x 1080 pixels / 401 ppi
- Camera: 16 MP / Flash: Dual LED / PDAF / Video: 1080p HD / Front: 5 MP
- Network: 4G: LTE Band 1/3/5/8/19/20/28/40 / 3G: 800/850/900/1900/2100 MHz / GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- SIM card: Type: micro-SIM / Slot: Hybrid dual SIM (Optional: microSD)
- Wireless: Bluetooth: 4.2 LE / Wi-Fi: IEEE 802.11 a/g/b/n, 2.4 GHz & 5 GHz / NFC
- Connection: Jack 3.5 mm / micro USB
- Location: aGPS
- Water Protection: Water repellent nano-coating
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Ambient light sensor, Fingerprint, Gyroscope
- Battery: 3000 mAh (Built-in) / TurboPower
- Weight: 155 g
- Dimensions: 153 x 76.6 x 7.9 to 9.8 mm
Motorola Moto G4 Plus Dual-SIM XT1642 Network Compatibility
Note: Many of our devices are sourced internationally. Wireless frequencies for 3G, 4G, and LTE vary by carrier. Even when 3G/LTE frequencies are supported, a new SIM card or additional configuration may be required, and coverage may vary by location. Please check with your carrier or our customer service team at email@example.com for warranty or compatibility information if you have any questions.
- by Marc Denat
- Saturday, 11 March 2017
When I received my G4 it was slightly bent and there was a white spot on the screen - looking at posts on the web this seems to be fairly common. The batter life is not particularly brilliant either. Otherwise it is an easy phone to use and about what you expect from a low cost android phone