AnyCom GP-600 Bluetooth GPS – Support Forum

Connecting AnyCom GP-600 to PDA or Laptop [AnyCom GP-600 Bluetooth GPS - 112086]

• Martin_W
Hi, I have just bought an AnyCom GP-600 from you but can't get it to transfer any data. I can connect it to either a my laptop which connects it to Com 6 or my PDa which connects it to Com 4 but then nothing happend. The supplied software doesn't do anything and Hyperterminal just returns nonsense. I have the system setup to look on the correct com port at 38,400 baudusing standard NMEA but nothing works. Also with a baud rate that high I think many programmes are getting confused by the data stream. They are expecting a more typical 4,800 baud rate. Do you know the correct settings to receive data from the GPS, or is mine faulty? Thanks in advance Martin Whiteside
I too have just bought one of these things from Expansys and it doesn't work either. I managed to get it work for about 1/2 hr yesterday, today absolutely nothing. I haven't had chance to try hyperterminal today, only connecting to my xda2. Neither Pocket Streets or the AnyCom test program work. Dodgy batch or poor product? Did you return it?
  • Michael
RobMalgrave, have you got the patches for the XDA II. You need both the ROM upgrade and the bluetooth patch to get past any hang-ups. -- Michael - eXpansys
  • Martin_W
Hi Rob, I suspect it's a poor product. I waited so long for a response from their support forum that I was outside Expansys's 3 week returns policy and they won't take it back. They have said they'll repair it but I suspect the product is just designed badly so I'm stuck with it. Hope you fair better Martin
  • tramcar
Hi GUYS. I have got a GP-600 it works fine on desk top and laptop and ipaq 2010 but the altitude read out, is way way out, i am using memory map 2004. Got it from Expansys 10 June 2004. Dave Wilson
I think I've already got the latest ROM, only just got XDA 2. Bluetooth still seems well dodgy and will try blue tooth patch, Hyperterminal showed that it was spewing out binary data. I found a site with a GPS utility, after fiddling with that it then worked outputting ascii data as expected. Not quite sure which option that I selected cured it. On another note Pocket Streets 2002 will not work with it on a IPAQ 4150. Works OK on XDA2. It fails to find and work with the right COM port. Has anyone tried an IPAQ and Pocket Streets 2004?
  • Michael
You may need to choose a different COM port for the iPAQ then you would for the XDA II. -- Michael - eXpansys
I cracked this one too, well not really. It seems Pocket Streets 2002 with bluetooth GPS on IPAQs doesn't work. Pockets Streets 2004 does work. Perhaps this is because HP use the WidComm stack? And it updates every second or so rather than every 15 seconds.
Hi Michael, I bought an AnyCom GPS Bluetooth to use with my Qtek2020 and I can't put them talking. I tried the GPS with iPaq 3970 with OziExplorer and it is fine! With Qtek2020 I tried a patch (BTHTools.exe) but I can not find any ROM Upgrade (your link above is no longer valid). Is there a way of puting this Qtek2020 talking to an AnyCom Bluetooth GPS ? Any help will be welcome. Thanks, Luis
;