ASUS MyPal A730 Pocket PC – Support Forum

GPS Software and car kits................... [ASUS MyPal A730 Pocket PC - 112398]

1. Expansys- Do you know something that 'Tom Tom' don't? Reason: I see that you have 'Tom Tom 3 Software & Maps' and various GPS's as available as accessories under the 'Asus A730W' 'Tom Tom' have told me that their 'Tom Tom 3 Software and Maps' are not compatible with the 'Asus A730W' Do you know if it is compatible? Does anybody out there know if it works? 2. Anybody found a solution to the battery problem with the 'A730W', other than sell it and buy another PDA? Anybody stocking a bigger battery. Thanks for any help
  • Michael
I have emailed TomTom for confirmation that it has actually been tested. -- Michael - eXpansys
Thanks for the reply eXpansys: This is what they sent me firstly: Thank you for your question regarding TomTom. Unfortunately at present your PDA is not compatible with TomTom software and as such we donot have a Compatible car kit.May we ask if you could please keep an eye on our website www.tomtom.com for any future updates. Second reply: At present TomTom has no compatibilty plans for the Asus My Pal A730W. We hope to have answered your question to your satisfaction. With best regards, The TomTom Customer Support Team
  • Michael
I will not be able to get a reply from TomTom until Thursday as they are not doing some maintenence work on their support site. As soon as I get a reply I will post it here. -- Michael - eXpansys
  • Michael
TomTom have responed to my email and have stated that the TomTom 3 is not compatible with the Asus A730. -- Michael - eXpansys
Thanks for the reply eXpansys: So I take it you will be removing Tom Tom 3 from the ASUS MyPal A730W Accessories list? As it don't work and so the good folk's out there won't make the same mistake I did, in buying it. If anybody is interested I have a SysOnChip CF 512 Memory GPS and Destinator 3 working great on my A730W. I have also got it working great with the Arkon CM55 powered mount (After a slight mod on the foam of the side arms, an Arkon CM047-S Vent Mount, an Arkon AP05 Cradle Plate and an eXpansys Networks USB Adaptor (A Male A Male)all available here at eXpansys. (Not the GPS)
;