Bluetake BT420 i-PHONO Bluetooth Headphone – Support Forum

Compatability [Bluetake BT420 i-PHONO Bluetooth Headphone - 114076]

• Chris_G
Hi, will these headphones work with my Ipaq 5550...?? I assume the dongle goes into the headphone socket - will it allow for track selection to be controlled via the headhpones....?? I assume you need the dongle since the bluetooth on this Ipaq will not support the headphones directly...correct..?? Chris
The i-Phono headphones will work with the 5550. The adapter plugs into the headphone jack of your iPAQ, and will transmit the sound come from that jack wirelessly to your headphones. Unfortunately, no information other than sound is transmitted through the iPAQ's headphone jack, so you will not be able to control track selection from your headphones.
If you have a Broadcom bluetooth stack on your device, you can update it to support the A2DP profile, thus removing the need for a Dongle. I have the hx4700 and the same headset as this (BT420) and use them quite happily together after updating my Bluetooth Stack.
  • Chris_G
Yes, I believe it is Broadcom stack. At the risk of being spoon feed, could you post the link for the download or the web page to look at...Thanks Chris
  • Chris_G
actually, I was wrong... the about section of the Bluetooth Manager says its Widcomm....Chris
Sorry to hear that Chris. You could try searching for "ipaq widcomm A2DP" on that there Google page. You never know what you will find. Good luck.
;