CoPilot Live Pocket PC 4 CF GPS Special Edition – Support Forum

what does it come with and will it work with ipaq5550 [CoPilot Live Pocket PC 4 CF GPS Special Edition - 108701]

Hi Would be interested in buying one of these. What does it come with and will it work with my ipaq5550. What accessories if any will i also need if i want to use it in the car ? Thanks
  • Yoni
You will need this to make it work with the 5550. It comes with the software, and a compact flash GPS receiver. You will need an SD card to store the maps on. This is what you get, Install/Data Disks Quick Start Guide GPS Receiver In-Vehicle Power Adapter Vent Mount Yoni, eXpansys Product Support,
Thanks thats great, on the back of your recomendation i've ordered both parts. If you hadnt come back with your suggestions i was going to look elsewhere. Cheers
Ive now taken delivery of this unit. However the software CD case clearly states its only compatible with Windows Mobile 2002 and the IPAQ 5550 runs 2003 version. I've managed to get it working but am not sure if its correct. In addition i have a problem with the CF GPS unit as that is also not compatible. Help !
I now have the GPS unit being recognised by my Ipaq on com 4 but its stuck in "determining Current Position" Do i need a replacement GPS Receiver as i thought ?
Its been two days since i posted this and i havent had a reply. Why not ? If i cant get you to sort the problem then i'll have to send the whole lot back to you for full credit as it clearly doesnt work for my operating system (windows mobile 2003 )as i've found out recently its stated on ALK's website. You neglected to mention this when you sold me the unit
  • Yoni
It has been passed to the returns department to look into, I’m waiting on them at the moment. Once I have an update I will be in touch,I’m hoping it will be later on today. Yoni, eXpansys Product Support,
Whats the news today please ?
  • Yoni
We are still waiting for a response from ALK, I have just got of the phone from the returns department. They are going to try calling ALK again, will advise you what they come up with when I hear back. Yoni, eXpansys Product Support,
Afternoon Its been another two days and i'll still waiting. Its coming up on nearly two weeks since i ordered this from you and its still not resolved. Please can you advise whats the hold up ? Thanks
  • Yoni
ALK still have not responded, in order to keep you within our T&C'S I have sent you returns info via E-mail. Please return all the items including all packaging so we can refund you. Yoni, eXpansys Product Support,
Thanks , what are you going to do to replace the unit or offer me an alternative ?
;