EXPANSYS CARK-91 Adaptor for Nokia Mobile Phones – Support Forum

Nothing happens when I plug into the CARK-91 adaptor [EXPANSYS CARK-91 Adaptor for Nokia Mobile Phones - 138339]

• johnmcd
I bought the ORA CARK-91 adaptor last week for use with my Nokia 6230i phone. However I cant seem to get it to work. The adaptor seems to fit into the handsfree cradle ok and the phone also seems to fit into the adapator and is pressed home ok. However when I put the phone into the adaptor nothing happens i.e. the phone doesn't seem to recognise that it has been connected to a car kit. It doesn't even seem to be charging. I would appreciate any suggestions on this. Thanks, John McDonald.
  • Yoni
Have you checked the carkit fuses? Yoni, eXpansys Product Support, Forum Search
  • johnmcd
No I haven't. Would the fuses be located in the main fuses panel of the car or are they in the control unit of the carkit? John.
More than likely in the control box of the car kit - if I am wrong though I am happy to be corrected Forum Search DON'T be afraid to use it!
  • Marty52
I did just the same thing and cannot get it to work, checking the user guide for the adaptor 6230i is not listed as a compatible phone so has anybody ever got this to work with the adaptor
  • johnmcd
Yes, I managed to get it to work. To be honest it''s a bit hit and miss. The trick was firstly to change the angle at which the phone was inserted. It seemed that the connections were not being made properly at the right hand side of the phone. By angling the phone slightly clockwise, i.e. placing more pressure on the pins to the right of the phone, it seemed to fix it. Secondly from time to time when you insert the phone it doesn''t seem to be picked up by the car-kit. The solution to this is to turn off the ignition of the car, remove the key, and remove the phone. Then restart the car and reinsert the phone. Regards, John McDonald.
;