Geniatech Android TV 2000 Smart TV Box – Support Forum

Which tuner and remote is included in TV 2000 Smart Box [Geniatech Android TV 2000 Smart TV Box - 223620]

• nfgb

Hi,

I would like to know which tuner is included with this box (DVB-T, ATSC or ISDB-T) and wich remote (Motion Mouse with QWERT Keyboard, AiRemote KR50, TiRemote KR200-2, IR remote control or iRemote KR30).

• Eilertsen

Hello,

The ones wecurrently have in stock are with a DVB-T tuner and QWERTY (US) remote.

Kenneth Eilertsen (Quality Engineer, eXpansys)

• nappo

Hello,

I'm in doubt. I looked for more photos of the ATV2000 on the Geniatech homepage. There is no antenna socket visible, so there can't be a built-in (DVB-T) receiver. Also Geniatech does not clearly describe the receiver. May be they have included an app for HDTV (DVB-T etc.), but we have to use a USB plug-in rec.

Please provide more information to encourage people to buy this interesting device.

rgds  nappo

• Eilertsen

Hello,

There is indeed a antenna socket, but not on the actual device. There is a USB dongle DVB-T receiver in the box that you simply connect to the USB socket on the device. 

I hope this clear things up.

• nappo

OK, as I presumed.

Next questions: is it possible to use a different USB receiver? Afaik inside Android we find a special Linux kernel. If it contains the appropriate modules and firmware, this should be possible in principle. The modules/firmware of my present receiver:

- cx22700.ko

- tda1004x.ko

- dvb-ttusb-budget.ko

-  dvb-fe-tda10046.fw

tnx 

• Eilertsen

I'm afraid I won't be able to help you on that one. Your best bet would be to have a look at the manufacturer site of the dongle you have. 

Alternatively Have a look at Android developer forums to see iof they have any information regarding this.

Of course, you could also try and track down someone with an android device with a normal USB connection and have a go with it.

I wish you the best of luck in your pursuits.

;