HTC Touch 3G – Support Forum

Anycom Bluetooth foldable keyboard and Touch 3G [HTC Touch 3G - 173611]

• benoitm

The drivers and software of the Anycom / Stowaway Universal Bluetooth foldable keyboard haven't been updated since long (the product is no longer actively supported).

Would it work on the HTC Touch 3G (WM 6.1) ?

Did anyone already test this combination ?

• benoitm

replying to myself after some testing....and further questions:

The (Anycom/IGo/Think Outside) Stowaway Universal keyboard is a discontinued product

1) I downloaded the latest drivers (for wm5) from the IGo support site: the keyboard seems to work, but at the cost of frequent crashes (services.exe or stowaway.exe)

2) without any drivers, the keyboard is recognized by wm6.1 as a standard HID device, and apparently works for most functions

The latter solution should be satisfactory, except that my device is an english version (defaults to QWERTY keyboard layout) and my Stowaway keyboard has the belgian/french layout (AZERTY). While the Stowaway drivers do support AZERTY layout on an english device, the built-in HID device support apparently only allows the native (QWERTY for english device) layout, so neither solution above works for me...unless someone has a trick to allow wm6 english to support localized keyboard layout for HID devices...

Anyone ?

(interestingly, while the build-in soft keyboard from the WM6 OS ("Keyboard" option) has a single layout that matches the OS language, the additional software keyboards provided by the Touch 3G ("Full QWERTY" option) do follow the Regional Settings parameters (so I can work with an AZERTY layout even on an english device,...for the soft keyboard))

;