Linksys WAG54G Wireless ADSL Router – Support Forum

WAG54G range [Linksys WAG54G Wireless ADSL Router - 113342]

• joonalp
Hi, I have had to (amazingly) run a long phone cable so I can have the "wireless" router nearer to my PC. This thing doesn't even cover 20 feet in the house. Anyone else having these range problems? I mean I wasnt'e specting miracles, but 20 feet should be easily catered for. My 2.4Ghz wireless TV link works all through the house no problems. What's more, I live in a wooden chalet! I'm constantly disapointed with this bit of kit. I've also got the latest firmware which seems to have caused more dropouts that before! My Kit: WAG54G. Linksys 54G PCI card in desktop. Dell Wireless G internal mini PCI card in my laptop. Anyone know if I'm doing something wrong, or is it going to have to be a switch to another make. Also the PCI card antenna has fallen out. Oh I'm so disapointed.. I can't imagine the transmit power/range can be linked to the firmware?? Cheers Jules
Hi, Just an Observation but I had a Speedtouch 530 ModemRouter connected to a 802.11b Linksys Wireless Router excuse my lack of technical knowledge as my brother is the expert) I purchased a wireless video sender similar to yours but had to take it back due to constant interference with the picture and sound. The only way to stop the interference was to switch off the wireless router! So could interference be your problem? Also I am sure the missing antenna would cause a big drop in range otherwise they wouldnt fit them in the first place. Ryan
HAI THIS FROM TEAM ENGINEER G.VENUKUMAR I AM DOING CONFIGURATION FROM G703 ERTHERNET ROUTER TAKING OUTPUT WAG54G AND WIRESS ROUTER I CANNOT ABLE TO DO LAN IP AND PUBLIC IP ASLO GIVE IT NOT WORKING THIS ROUTER WITH WIRELESS CAN U GIVE CONFIGURATOIN ABOUT WIRELESS ROUTER PLEASE GIVE. EXAMPLE ABOUT ROUTER CONFIGIRATION S I WILL WAIT UR REPALY
;