Stay safe! Get a FREE box of Matrix 3-Ply Facemasks With Every Order Over A$800! While supplies last!

Linksys WAG54G Wireless ADSL Router – Support Forum

WAG354 and WAg54 [Linksys WAG54G Wireless ADSL Router - 113342]

• lauredean
hello all I am thinking of buying a WAG 54g. However, I now see the WAG354g available. I was just wondering if anybody can tell me what is the difference between the 2? Is the 354g a better product than the 54g? Thanks
WAG354G is a Gateway device that simply allows you share a broadband internet connection between multiple home computers. WAG54G is a Router that not only allows for internet connectivity for multiple computers, but can also can act as a DHCP server and has greater security options. Short answer: WAG354G is perfect for home users. WAG54G is a business class device.
  • lauredean
Thanks, However, the specifications of the WAG354 have 4 ethernet ports, to allow a network sharing computers. The specs sheet says: Connect your computers to the Gateway via the built-in 4-port 10/100 Ethernet Switch to jump start your network. You can share files, printers, hard drive space and other resources. Attach four PCs directly, or connect more hubs and switches to create as big a network as you need. The built-in Wireless-G (802.11g) Access Point allows up to 32 wireless devices to connect to your network at a blazing 54Mbps, without running cables through the building. It's also compatible with Wireless-B (802.11b) devices, at 11Mbps. The Gateway's Router function ties it all together and lets your whole network share that highspeed Internet connection. It seems to my (untrained and non technical) eye that both products are same, but there must be some sort of difference so can anyone confirm? Thanks,
As far as I can tell, it's the DHCP server function I mentioned that is the big difference. Otherwise, yes, they do the same thing in terms of networking multiple computers and devices. If you have no idea what DHCP is, then you probably don't need it, so I would say go with the less expensive model, the WAG354G.
;