Linksys WCF12 802.11b Wireless Compact Flash Card – Support Forum

Pocket PC 2003 and Linksys WCF12 [Linksys WCF12 802.11b Wireless Compact Flash Card - 104082]

Beware, this combination does not currently work because Linksys have not yet released a driver for this device that works with Pocket PC 2003. I have spent all morning trying to get the device working. I even installed a patch from another device but I wasn't happy with that. Linksys technical support say the driver should be available in a couple of weeks. In realtime years that about 2 years isn't it???
  • j13edholm
I too am having this problem. I have a Ipaq 2215 pda and the wcf12 card. I found a linksys beta driver that seemed to get the card to work. I was able to sync wirelessly. I just cant get aol to sign on. I am not sure if I have to settings correct on the pda since I am new to pda's as well as pocket pc 2003. I will try to find that link where I downloaded the linksys beta driver for you.
  • j13edholm
ftp://ftp.linksys.com/beta/SW_CD_Beta081903PPC2003.zip download the beta drivers here. Hope this works for you!
  • wallyway
I just upgraded to PPC 2003 on my Axim X5, re-loaded software for my WCF12, messed with it for 3 hours before I came upon this site. So does anyone know the date or has the new drivers been released?
  • ace3k
I have a IPAQ 2210 also but after installing the beta, Active Sync is not picking it up for install. Any reason why????? AS
  • geo12550
Hello! I also have a IPAQ 2215 and tried to install the beta drivers supplied by linksys! The new drivers dont work either. There were alot of files missing from the download. I have alreday purchase the sockets new wlan card and have returned this one to best buy!
  • geo12550
Hello! I also tried to install the new drivers but mine dont work? How did you get the drivers to work?
  • geo12550
What was the beta driver that you tried? I understand that the exe file that I cannot seem to download form linksys is WCF12_011904.exe I used my ftp program to get on to there beta files and cannot find it anywhere
  • geo12550
I also am havingthis problem. The Tech support at linksys told me to download the WCF12_-11904.exe file but I cant load it from there website and it isnt listed in there beta files across the ftp sites! I understnd about the couple of weeks but that would be too long to return the WCF12 card I have now. Is anybody familar with the socket card for there version of connecting to the wlan802b? There card is more expensive but I called them and they said YES We have the correct drivers for the pocket PC 2003 and there card works faultless! http://www.socketcom.com/product/WL6004-322.asp
  • Pokpok
Hi thanks for the infor But on my Ipaq 2220 it does not pick up the driver and I cannot connect any idea why and where can I find the right driver ? Thanks
  • chaos40
Ok, here is how to *really* make the WCF12 from Linksys work with PocketPC 2003 (aka Windows CE 4.2): 1. Open the package, DO NOT PUT THE CF ADAPTER INTO YOUR PocketPC! 2. Install the driver from the CD (it says Setup Wizard 1.05 on my original CD). DO NOT PUT THE CARD INTO YOU PocketPC! (this driver, by itself, doesn't work - but it is REQUIRED that you install it first) 3. Now get the beta driver from Linksys Beta drivers from Linksys ftp://ftp.linksys.com/beta/SW_CD_Beta081903PPC2003.zip 4. Extract them to a temp directory, go to that directory and run the SETUP program from there. It will appear to kinda sorta install, but the Active Sync setup part (the part where PocketPC apps actually get copied over to the PocketPC) won't run. It'll seem like a 'broken' install - but it isn't! There are in fact new drivers being copied to your PocketPC even though you can't see it happening! However, if you don't complete step 2 from above, this step does absolutely nothing for you! It *will not work* if you don't do number 2 above). 5. NOW go ahead and insert the WCF12 into your PocketPC and you should be good-to-go! Including the true Linksys Wireless Configuration Utility! Yippee!
  • Arck
Thanks chaos40, the thing really work, with my ipaq 3850 upgrade to ver. 4.0,pocketpc 2003 with expantion pack,,,thanks again,,,
;