Nextlink Bluespoon Home Phone Connection Kit – Support Forum

I-Tech Bluetooth Clip with Bluespoon Home [Nextlink Bluespoon Home Phone Connection Kit - 110634]

• neilplus
I've bought an I-Tech Bluetooth Clip, which works quite happily with my Ericsson T68, and a Bluespoon Home fixed-line connection kit. The Clip pairs with the Bluespoon, but when I try to connect to the Bluespoon, all I can hear is audio from the Clip's microphone - no dial tone, nothing from the phone line. Even after dialling a number from the desk phone, I can't hear the person at the other end through the Clip. I've tried doing a factory reset on the Clip and re-pairing it, but to no avail. One odd thing I noticed - if I pair the Clip to the Bluespoon, then I pair it to the T68, the Bluespoon can no longer connect to the Clip. Is this some kind of compatibility issue?
  • cjw296
Hello fellow Bluespoon user! First thing I'd check is that the I-Tech can be paired with more than one device at a time. Once you'd paired it with the Bluespoon, can you still use it with the T68? When you just hear the I-Tech's audio, how are you trying to connect? Using the button on the I-Tech, or the Connect button on the Bluespoon? It sounds like we may have the same(ish) problem, see the other thread in this forum. I can connect and chat fine, but then I can't hear the person at the other end of the phone after a short (but annoyingly intermittent) while. Have expansys tested this product and found either of these problems? Chris
  • neilplus
On this page: http://sv6.firebox.com/?dir=firebox&action=product&pid=782 it says up to 3 phones; unfortunately, I don't have access to another device to confirm this. The I-Tech manual only refers to losing existing "pairings" on doing a factory reset, and Expansys don't seem to comment on their product page. Pairing it to the Bluespoon seems to hide it from the T68, however (the T68 falls back to its built-in speaker) so something's not right. I did try resetting the I-Tech and pairing it only with the Bluespoon, but that didn't seem to make any difference. I've tried connecting with both buttons, although connecting with the I-Tech button seems less reliable, if that's the right word... Incidentally, I'm trying it on an office phone line - the connectors match up, but I don't know if this (horribly complicated) Alcatel desk phone might be doing something strange on the line. No home phone line to test it with right now. Where are you using your Bluespoon? The headset's doing its job nicely otherwise, so the Bluespoon is liable to get sent back to Expansys for a refund soon.
  • cjw296
Firstup, I know nothing about the I-Tech, so I can't comment on that. My experience was that the last thing to pair with my HBH-35 headset is the thing that would ring it. So, I have it set up so that my landline causes the headset to ring, but my Nokia 6600 doesn't. When the Nokia rings, I just hit the button on the HBH-35 to connect to it. The reason I have it this way is so I can dial the landline with my Palm and have the Bluespoon then connect to my headset. I remember reading in the bluespoon docs that this doesn't work if the Bluespoon isn't the last thing the headset pairs with and it seems to make sense what with Bluetooth only beign a point-to-point protocol. I use the Bluespoon on a normal BT landline. The problem here is that the UK handset plugged into the Bluespoon won't ring unless you buy a 6 adapter for plugging UK handsets into foreign sockets (the UK ring signal is on a third pin, RJ11 connectors in phone use only have 2 pins connected), which I'm kinda peeved with, since that adapter should come WITH the Bluespoon if it's being sold in the UK. As for a refund, I'm holind off 'cos I'd really like to get it working. I'll keep you updated if Nextlink manage to help out at all...
  • sexxmax
Got my Bluespoon yesterday. I d like to dial over my pda as well, does anybody know what programm works? I cant believe it only works on palm tungsten In the description you connectet your Bluespoon to the computer via modem. I dont have one, i use cable cant i make a connection via bluetooth. My widcomm stack finds the home devic. But what settings do i nead to dial over Bluetooht? Tahnx for tips and the review
  • cjw296
I think the product was specifically targetted at the Palm handheld apps with the Palm connecting to the Bluespoon via Bluetooth. Dunno where you got the "you connectet your Bluespoon to the computer via modem" bit from...
;