Nextlink Bluespoon Home Phone Connection Kit – Support Forum

Dialtone but no dialing and inbound calls not working [Nextlink Bluespoon Home Phone Connection Kit - 110634]

• netwasp
Hi I was given a BT HS - HS850. On the Expansys site it recommended buying a BlueSpoon BT telephone adapter so I bought one. After pairing the headset with the BlueSpoon I am able to get dial-tone on the HS by either pressing the HS button or by pressing the BlueSpoon Connect button. However, I am then unable to dial any outbound number from the normal telephone handset. If I don't connect the HS (meaning press the button on the headset or the Connect button) then I can make normal outbound calls using the telephone handset. The second problem is that I am unable to receive any inbound call? The handset simply fails to ring. Any ideas? Jim
  • netwasp
PLEASE READ ALL OF THIS MESSAGE: Actually I was being a bit silly. I figured out that I need to dial the number first then connect the HS and then hang up the thlephone handset. So that's OK. I also figured what was wrong with inbound calls and now when I have the headset on I am able to answer an inbound call. HOWEVER! When I receive an inbound call my telephone handset does not ring? I tried 2 different handsets with the same result. This leads me to believe that I can get notification of an inbound call when I have the headset on? This is no good - I can't possibly have the HS on 24/7 - I would have expected the handset to still 'ring'? Am I missing something here? Jim
  • cjw296
Read this: http://www.expansys.com/forumthread.asp?code=110634&thread=8
;