Nokia 6103 – Support Forum

Wap settings not working [Nokia 6103 - 129334]

• hamishmc
I just received this phone on Tuesday and ordered payg settings from Nokia site and Vodafone and they only include mms and web access points. Wap does not work. I can send mms messages. I can view wap addresses via the web access point- which is normal and possible, albeit expensive. But cannot access the network providers home page via wap and therefore cannot get the free browsing of wap that vodafone offer as standard. Either this phone/model has some kind of quirk which means that it doesnt support wap access points or its faulty ? I was a bit concerned that before i ordered, there was a class b Nokia 6103 in stock which was stated as having a damaged box (and would have been half price) and also new ones and when i ordered and received my supposedly new one suddenly the next day there was no more class b item in stock. I wonder if I received a known returned /possible faulty phone in error ? The one I received seemed to have a bit of a squashed box?
  • Yoni
Call Vodafone and check you have GPRS enabled on the Sim. Yoni, eXpansys Product Support, Forum Search
So you can access wap sites but not vodafone live? Check that your homepage is set to live.vodafone.com If it is, you may need to update the firmware. I know you''ve not had the phone long, but depending on where you got the handset from, it might not necessarily have the latest firmware
  • hamishmc
GPRS is enabled-The sim worked for wap on the previous phone fine, -Nokia 6111. Also tried another working sim also into the Nokia 6103 phone to no avail. Normally you get wap,web (or internet), and mms access point settings from either nokia or the service provider web site. No matter what model/settings i chose (inlcuding 6103), the phone only receives Web and mms settings only which are not the right ones for wap browsing and there is no way of manually editing them on this phone. Bough this from Expansys ,arrived tuesday.
  • Yoni
Contact the sales team on 0161 868 0868, they can organize the return and replacement. Yoni, eXpansys Product Support, Forum Search
;