Please note that restrictions on air travel and coronavirus-related lockdown measures may lead to delays in shipments that we are unable to control. We apologise in advance for any inconvenience.

Nokia 8800 – Support Forum

Battery Life [Nokia 8800 - 121008]

• yumcha
i know this has been done to death but has anyone found a solution to the poor battery life of the nokia 8800? do the aftermarket batteries work much better? i'm getting very irritated with my fone the battery life is getting worse it lasts about 8 hours before it dies out!!
  • selene
The battery life isn't poor - it's because the battery is small form. If you compare it to other Nokia batteries, it is a lot smaller. This is why you get 2 batteries with the phone You don't say whether you have power saver enabled or not or whether you use the phone heavily. All of this will affect battery life as well. If I use power saver, I can go 2 days without having to charge my handset however, if I disable it, the phone will need to be charged within 24 hours I've seen aftermarket batteries for the 8800 that claim to last longer than your normal batteries but I've not seen any testimonials to support their claim Selene -- Forum Search
  • yumcha
Power saver mode is on all the time screen saver off i even turned the vibration off i use about 20 mins worth of conversation an about 20 sms each day - is that considered heavy?
  • Zebedee
Nokia advertise this phone as 1.5 - 3 hours talktime and up to 8 hours stanby. As these figures are never realistic, bearing that in mind then this really wasn't a wise purchase if battery life was a concern!
************************************** Wake up and smell the maple nut crunch **************************************
  • selene
yumcha, 20 sms isn't heavy. Other things that will affect battery life is having bluetooth permanently switched on and your location. If signal strength in your area is poor your phone will have to work that much harder in order to get/maintain a signal and this will sap the battery as well If your phone is only lasting 8 hours, it might be worth taking it to a service centre to get it checked out - there might be a fault with the phone Selene -- Forum Search
  • yumcha
recently sourced a new battery direct from Nokia new and improved version, gives me at least 48 hours happier now :)))
  • antiman1
Hi yumcha,would be really grateful if you could post details of how you got hold of the 'improved'battery,no mention of it on the website
  • yumcha
i have a friend who works for nokia he said it is "an improved version over the earlier boxed batteries" however you wont see nokia advertising it as an official "new release version"
  • gopi2006
is it possible to reduce the brightness of the screen and enable half-rate speech ? will that saves battery life ?
  • selene
Not sure about brightness but enabling half rate speech will save battery left. However, the sound quality won't be as great. To enable type *#4720# Selene -- Forum Search
  • imaran786

good https://graphpapersprint.com/

https://graphpapersprint.com/polar-graph-paper/

;