Please note that restrictions on air travel and coronavirus-related lockdown measures may lead to delays in shipments that we are unable to control. We apologise in advance for any inconvenience.

Nokia 8800 – Support Forum

How do I tell which firmware version I have? [Nokia 8800 - 121008]

• Andyvo
Evening all! Just ordered an 8800 through T-Mobile which will be delivered tomorrow. Was just wondering how I could tell which firmware version my phone had?? Ta
  • selene
Hello, Welcome to the forum :-) When you get your phone, type *#0000#. Chances are, you should already have the latest firmware.. Selene -- Forum Search - you know you want to...
  • Andyvo
Thanks for the welcome! Just checked and I have got 3.94. Sounds like an old version to me??? The date on the screen which flashes up with the firmware version is January 2006 so it could have been sat in stock for a while???
  • selene
That's the one most people have (I'm still on 3.28!), although I have heard that 4.10 has been released... I honestly wouldn't fret about the firmware version unless you genuinely have problems with your handset. I sometimes find that whilst upgrading the firmware might resolve some issues, it also creates new issues! If it ain't broke, don't fix it! Selene -- Forum Search - you know you want to...
  • chunkster
I have the 3.94 version on the 8800 i bought 3 days ago. The date is the release date of the firmware not the age of the handset so dont worry about that. The new version does not cure the screen burn issue. If you want you can hand it in to a Nokia repair centre who will flash it for you under the warranty to the newest release but you will have to back up downloaded items as the operation will delete them. I would suggest if your not having issue with the handset then take the advice of the other posting and let sleeping dogs lie. Im waiting for the release that lets the poersaver clock scroll down to stop this burn issue as this is the only concern i have.
  • imaran786

grate phone https://graphpapersprint.com/  https://graphpapersprint.com/graph-paper/

;