Nokia E61 – Support Forum

SIM Card not Valid with new E61 from expansys [Nokia E61 - 126969]

• dirc

I am on the 3 network. I have tried 4 different SIM cards and the phone will not fire up with any of them, reporting "SIM Card not valid".

I sent the phone back on an RMA, and the replacement has exactly the same problem. I also see that I am not the only one to have had this problem.

Is this a general issue with the E61, or is the phone sold by expansys locked to another network? How can I tell? As far as I can tell, the only reason for this message is that the phone is locked. If it locked, could someone tell me how to get it unlocked?

I am tearning my hair out trying to get this working and I have now been without my mobile for weeks!

HELP!!!!!

• Yoni

Are all the sims you are trying on the 3 network? 

Yoni,
eXpansys Product Support,
Forum Search

• dirc
No.. 3 were on 3 and one was on virgin. all the SIMs work in there own locked phones.
  • Yoni

Looks like it might be a faulty batch, please contact the sales team on 01618680868 and ask for an RMA.

I think it's best to replace it again.

Yoni,
eXpansys Product Support,
Forum Search

It is network lock problem don't worry i will help you.

If your Nokia E61 displays the message Sim card not valid  or invalid sim card ,it is locked to network.You bought a locked phone.To insert other network sim card you need to get it unlocked from network lock.I would suggest the site Mobileunlocksolutions.com  get the unlock code for Australia 3 network locked Nokia E61 and unlock it easily.You also need to specify the IMEI number of the phone and country it's locked now to get the unlock code.After unlock it you can use any GSM network sim card in it.It will not display the Sim not valid message again.

;