Nokia E61 – Support Forum

Packet data connection not available!! [Nokia E61 - 126969]

• picix
I get this message 50% of the times I try to connect. Someone else with the same problem? Thanks Paolo
  • Jimbee
Yes
  • Tony Home
Yep, me too - something to do with network coverage I believe - just need to persevere
  • kaps_4
Hi, I am getting the same message "Packet data: packet data connection not available" when I try to access gmail or yahoo. Any solutions?? I am trying to find...if I get some will defi post here.
  • tfreyman
I am getting the same message and have been struggling for hours to get access to e-mail. Would anyone have any clues on where to go to get all the correct paramters that one needs to retrieve e-mail with the E61. Thank you
  • Aerosail
I had the same problem and it became progressively worse until I could not get email through the mobile network. The problem was GPRS. I have returned it to Nokia for repairs. I only hope they do not replace it because they have already replaced one.
  • tfreyman
I have the same problem in France with Orange. In fact, I have never been able to set up my e-mail with this phone. Am losing patience!
  • tfreyman
Who did you end up contacting to return it?
  • Aerosail
I returned it to the Nokia Service centre in Sydney Australia
  • kaps_4
Hi All!! My email has started working after I activated "Hutch Access". This is a advanced GPRS service, which I activated in India through Hutch. Thereafter gmail emails started popping in the E61 email client. 1) Make sure your service provider offers something like this. 2) Whichever email your are using, it should allow POP access. Just need to tweak the settings in your email. all the best....
  • tfreyman
That is great but I am trying to retreive work e-mails on my phone and it continues to leave me dumbfounded.
  • tonyfo
Hi. Tearing my hair out. Where can one get the various settings needed. www.vodafone.ie has no settings for the e61...Thanks,............. Tony.
;