Nokia E90 Communicator – Support Forum

Older batch or new? [Nokia E90 Communicator - 146170]

• Arthy
Question for anyone who purchased an E90 recently through Expansys: is it the updated version of the phone with the "flat" keypad? Older E90s had a problem where the keypad was touching the screen and scratching it. Please help! Thinking of ordering.
"
  • Yoni

I will check with the product manager and post back. 

Yoni,
eXpansys Product Support,
Forum Search

• Arthy
Thank you Yoni. What would really help is the production date of the unit(s). It's printed on the white label on the outside of the box. It would say: 3/08 (meaning 3rd week of 2008) or 5/08 or something similar. You don't even have to open the box to check but I could tell from the production date if it's a newer unit. Thank you.
  • Yoni

I have asked the question, and the product manager is not 100% sure but thinks they will be the newer units going off the booking in date. 

Unfortunately I can't verify as I have no access to the stock.

Yoni,
eXpansys Product Support,
Forum Search

• Airax

Hello Arthy 

I can't confirm the production date, but the stock was received from Nokia Febury 09, so I'd imagine that it would be the newest revision. Hope this helps. 

• Arthy

Thank you Airax,

I am assuming you are talking about the stock that is on canadian Expansys correct?http://www.expansys.ca/p.aspx?i=146173 (I am in Canada).

• Airax

Hello Arthy,

unfortunately I'm refering to the UK version:
http://www.expansys.com/d.aspx?i=146170

For the NA/Canada versions I would have to defer to the USA based PM's.

• Arthy

Can you check for me please? I'd rather not buy the older version of this phone.

;