Nokia N80 Pearl Black – Support Forum

Any idea on the ETA on these? [Nokia N80 Pearl Black - 136438]

• rtg2
Considering Pre-ordering but if its going to be weeks then I might just get it from the UK Expansys site. Any ETA rumours?
  • SydUser
(roughly) 8th June for wholesalers
  • SydUser
looks like pushed forward to 1st June
  • rtg2
Ahh well, I gave up with the rediculous waiting and ordered one from Hong Kong. Arriving today on a courier, my head is practically hanging out the window watching for it!
  • SydUser
what's it like ?
  • rtg2
Ok well, she's a sexy beast, of course! Got the Pearl Black model. Now with the Slider-ness of it, the 2 halves do kinda shift back and forwards a bit at the bottom. sliiightly annoying, more so when using it in camera mode on its side. battery life isnt the greatest. was fully charged late last night and it was down to 3 bars about 22 hours later. my first work day using it, so that meant a fair few bluetooth syncs with outlook, plus calls and texts. and a smidge of wireless while waiting for coffee at a cafe. music player is quite good quality although it doesnt let you play individual folders, just shows all music in one list, or, make sure your mp3's are all ID3 tagged up with album info etc. the headphones are quite good but someone between yesterday and today my left headfone has died... :-( slidin action does happen quite easily and sometimes too easy. found out today the hard way that closing the slider while on a phone call hangs up. camera is good overall although video quality is grainy. D-pad is a little annoying with its middle-press action. speaker is nice n loud. calling audio quality is top notch. havent used video calling yet. lack of camera guard is a bit concerning but oh well. Screen is aaweeesomely nice!. lack of software for this version of Symbian is a bit annoying, but im hoping when it does come, using the features of this device will be cool. keyboard is quite nice, takes a little bit to get a phone-holding, text-typing positon but in the end works. using the new charger is ok, bit annoying to lose that nokia feature of all chargers working. package did come with an adapter from old to new, but with the one charger i tried so far it didnt supply enough power or something and said "not charging". I'm using a 2Gb Sandisk MiniSD card with no issues so far. oh yeah, the speech synthesis on incoming call function is quite cool! Oh yeah, my previous phone was a 7610 and this one is quite a bit nippier on responsiveness. still not perfect, but tolerable. Hmmm thats about it for now!
  • SydUser
Did you condition the battery before you used it? Charge for 12 hours, use it till its nearly flat, charge for 12, use it nearly flat. Twice usually is enough to get decent life out of a lith-ion.
  • rtg2
No, always thought they were rumours...?
  • SydUser
With Li-Ion you're not supposed to need to do it but ive found otherwise. Might need somebody more knowledgeable with batteries for something more conclusive. Bluetooth and/or Wireless enabled all the time will drain it real quick too.
  • rtg2
I guess you could say Wireless is always on, it searches every 5 mins for any available APs. Bluetooth is also on all the time as I need it for Outlook synchronisation. I have change PC Suite to sync only every hour rather than every 15 mins like I did on my 7610. Phone did the low battery bleep to me at about 3pm yesterday which means it didnt last much more than 16 hrs since charge! Oh well, I'll just have to have chargers everywhere
  • SydUser
Release date for wholesalers pushed to mid-June again.. I wonder if an imate jammin would last longer on battery with constant (wireless) email checks. anyone have one yet?
my local retailer said my phone will be available for me to pick up instore Tuesday July 18th. He placed an order with Nokia on Friday & they confirmed that for him. For the nifty price of a grand no less. But ah well it'll be good fun
;