Sony Xperia 1 III – Support Forum Buy Now – A$1,669.99 (inc GST)

Pre-order Free Headphone [Sony Xperia 1 III - 354635]

• Faisal14

If I remember well, when orders for the phone was opened it said "order now and get a Sony WF-1000XM3" or XM4, can't remember.  Instead, I received a normal wired earpiece.

I'm not sure of what i read when I placed my order. Can any one confirm?

thanks

• Nicole FC Staff

Hi, SONY has been running in some markets a campaign themselves where they have offered WH-1000XM3 headphones together with the Xperia 1 iii together as a bundle for a lower price, but this is an offer directly by SONY. 

We offered both for the Xperia 10 iii and 1 iii wired headphones as the phone has a headphone jack. These were either the 110AP or the MH75 depending on when the order was placed.

Same for me. I had placed the order and I clearly remember seeing 1000 XM3 being mentioned free with the handset on pre order. I was so excited to have this but when the shipment arrived , it has wired piece and the description has now changed everywhere. I feel this isn't correct. I had placed order only after clearly seeing 1000 XM3 bundled as FREE. 

• Nicole FC Staff

SONY has separately been advertising the WH-1000XM3 in some markets as a bundle deal, but this has not been as a part of the pre-order promotion for us at any point. Perhaps you have noticed this advertisement by SONY separately? 

We particularly chose to feature the same earphones that we gave for free with the Xperia 10 iii which is the SONY MDR-EX110AP along with the pre-order discount.

https://www.expansys.com.au/sony-mdr-ex110ap-wired-headphones-black-359918/

For orders placed after the items were launched, we gave the MH75 for orders placed during the first week. The on site messages during the pre-order campaign were also mentioning the MDR-EX110AP by name as some customers were asking which model of earphones it was. We also specifically marketed them as earphones rather than headphones in both our website banners, product site messages and email newsletters as although the terms are sometime interchangeable, we felt that earphones is more accurate as headphones often refers to over-ear type headphones only.

;