Please note that many of our devices are import versions and may not come with a local charger. In those cases, a plug adapter will be included in the box. The item may be inspected for quality by Expansys staff prior to shipping.
Sony WH-1000XM5 True Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones Description
HD Noise Cancelling Processor QN1, Integrated Processor V1 and multiple microphones for distraction-free listening
Fully automatic Personal Noise Cancelling Optimiser and Atmospheric Pressure Optimising
30mm specially designed driver unit for exceptional sound
Superior noise-free calls with 2x2 beamforming microphones and noise reduction system (using AI)
Super comfortable lightweight design in “Soft fit leather”YOUR WORLD. NOTHING ELSE.
With two processors controlling eight microphones, Auto NC Optimizer for automatically optimizing noise cancelling based on your wearing conditions and environment, and a specially designed driver unit, WH-1000XM5 headphones with industry-leading noise cancelling rewrite the rules for distraction-free listening and call clarity.
Our best noise cancelling gets even better
See how these Sony noise cancelling headphones combine our best ever noise cancelling technology with superlative sound for a truly remarkable listening experience.
Industry-leading noise cancellation
From airplane noise to people’s voices, our WH-1000XM5 wireless headphones with multiple microphone noise cancelling keep out more high and mid frequency sounds than ever. And with Auto NC Optimizer, noise cancelling is automatically optimised based on your wearing conditions and environment.
Multi Noise Sensor technology
With four microphones on each earcup, this is our biggest ever step forward in noise cancelling. Ambient sound is captured even more accurately for a dramatic reduction in high frequency noise. Thanks to Auto NC Optimizer, noise cancelling performance is always and automatically optimised based on wearing conditions and external environmental factors such as atmospheric pressure.
Incomparable noise cancelling
Specially developed by Sony, the new Integrated Processor V1 unlocks the full potential of our HD Noise Cancelling Processor QN1. This unique combination of technology controls eight microphones to deliver unprecedented noise cancelling quality.
Specially designed 30mm driver unit
The specially designed 30mm driver unit featuring a soft edge enhances noise cancelling, especially in low frequency ranges, helping you enjoy your music precisely without ambient noise. The carbon fiber composite material realizes light weight and high rigidity dome and improves sound clarity, especially in high frequency ranges.
Superlative sound, engineered to perfection
The specially designed 30mm (precision-engineered) driver unit with light and rigid dome using carbon fiber composite material improves high frequency sensitivity for more natural sound quality. Sony unique technologies include a premium lead-free solder containing gold for excellent conductivity, Fine Sound Resistor for even power distribution, and optimised circuitry for an improved signal-to-noise ratio to ensure clear, consistent sound.
Enjoy High-Resolution Audio with and without wires
The WH-1000XM5 supports High-Resolution Audio and High-Resolution Audio Wireless, thanks to LDAC, our industry-adopted audio coding technology. LDAC transmits approximately three times more data4than conventional Bluetooth® audio for exceptional High-Resolution Audio quality.
Real-time restoration of all your compressed files
Using Edge-AI (Artificial Intelligence), DSEE Extreme™ upscales compressed digital music files in real time. Dynamically recognising instrumentation, musical genres and individual elements of each song, it restores high range sound lost in compression.
1000X series best call quality ever
Our Precise Voice Pickup Technology uses four beamforming microphones and an AI-based noise reduction algorithm to isolate your voice precisely. A newly developed wind noise reduction structure minimises wind noise during calls. Wherever you are, you’ll always hear and be heard clearly.
Multiple microphones, focused on your voice
Equipped with four beamforming microphones, these headphones are calibrated to only pick up your voice. An improved signal-to-noise ratio enables them to catch every single word, even when there’s a lot of noise around.
Ultra clear, noise-free calls
With Precise Voice Pickup Technology and advanced audio signal processing, the person on the other end of the call will hear your voice clearly, even when you are in noisy situations. Our noise reduction algorithm was developed with AI machine learning using more than 500 million voice samples to suppress ambient noise and extract your voice clearly in a wide range of environments.
All day comfort with a noiseless design
These lightweight headphones are beautifully finished in newly developed soft fit leather. This material fits snugly around the head with less pressure on the ears while keeping out external sounds. Our noiseless design with stepless slider, seamless swivel and hanger, and silent joints, makes WH-1000XM5 a pleasure to wear.
Adaptive Sound Control automatically adjusts to whatever you do
Adaptive Sound Control is a smart function that senses where you are and what you’re doing, then adjusts ambient sound settings for the ideal listening experience. When activa
Shipping Weight: 0.76kg
- VOLUME CONTROL: Touch Sensor
- HEADPHONE TYPE: Closed, dynamic
- INPUT(S): Stereo Mini Jack
- DSEE EXTREME: Yes
- CORD LENGTH: approx. 3.94 ft / 1.2 m
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE (BLUETOOTH® COMMUNICATION): 20 Hz–20,000 Hz (44.1 kHz Sampling) 20 Hz–40,000 Hz (LDAC 96 kHz Sampling 990 kbps)
- AMBIENT SOUND MODE: Yes
- MAGNET: Neodymium
- IMPEDANCE (OHM): 48 ohm (1 kHz) (when connecting via the headphone cable with the unit turned on), 16 ohm (1 kHz) (when connecting via the headphone cable with the unit turned off)
- PLUG: Gold-plated L-shaped stereo mini plug
- PASSIVE OPERATION: Yes
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 4 Hz–40,000 Hz (JEITA)
- CORD TYPE: Single-sided (detachable)
- DRIVER UNIT: 11.82 in
- WEARING STYLE: Over Ear
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE (ACTIVE OPERATION): 4 Hz–40,000 Hz
- SENSITIVITIES (DB/MW): 102 dB (1 kHz) / mW (when connecting via the headphone cable with the unit turned on), 100 dB (1 kHz) / mW (when connecting via the headphone cable with the unit turned off)
- Battery - BATTERY CHARGE TIME: Approx. 3.5 hrs
- BATTERY CHARGE METHOD: USB
- BATTERY LIFE (CONTINUOUS MUSIC PLAYBACK TIME): Max. 30 hrs (NC ON), Max. 40 hrs (NC OFF)
- BATTERY LIFE (CONTINUOUS COMMUNICATION TIME): Max. 24 hrs (NC ON) , Max. 32 hrs (NC OFF)
- Bluetooth® Specification - SUPPORTED AUDIO FORMAT(S): SBC, AAC, LDAC
- FREQUENCY RANGE: 2.4 GHz band (2.4000–2.4835 GHz)
- BLUETOOTH® VERSION: Bluetooth Specification Version 5.2
- SUPPORTED CONTENT PROTECTION: SCMS-T
- EFFECTIVE RANGE: 32.81 ft / 10 m
- PROFILE: A2DP, AVRCP, HFP, HSP
- Noise Canceling - ATMOSPHERIC PRESSURE OPTIMIZING: Yes
- PERSONAL NC OPTIMIZER: Auto NC Optimizer
- QUICK ATTENTION: Yes
- AMBIENT SOUND MODE: Yes
- What's In The Box: Carrying CaseConnection CableUSB Cable
- WEIGHT; Approx. 250g